Friday, June 25, 2010

Sephora Review

So earlier this month I went to a Sephora in Walnut Creek and I bought two things. The best in bronze deluxe sampler and the Sephora mineral matte setting powder.

You can find pictures and products here:

The Bronze Sampler:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P262501&categoryId=S11505

The Matte Setting Powder:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P243315&categoryId=S10810


So in the Bronze Sampler you get:
Bare Escentuals Faux Tan
Josie Maran bronzing argan oil
Lorac tantalizer baked bronzer
Too Faced pink leopard bronzing powder
Sephora nail polish in bright red
Benefit high beam
Temptu retouch highlighter
Smashbox artifical light illuminating lotion
Tarte emphaseyes waterproof clay shadow liner
Korres monoi oil bronzing powder

So out of those I've used the Too Faced bronzing powder, the Tarte shadow liner, and the Korres bronzing powder!

The Too Faced bronzing powder is not pigmented enough for me and it's way too shimmery, my face gets on the oily side and that just doesn't work. That's probably why I haven't tried any of the other highlighting products. (but maybe I will today and get back to you). Plus it's a small compact and I'm not a big fan of the packaging! It does come with a mirror though.

The Tarte shadow liner I FREAKING LOVE! It's a great size plus it comes with another lid which I keep on to make sure it really doesn't get dried out. I just don't like the packaging because the threading of the lid seems to be scrapping off! I use it almost everyday as a shadow base, plus it's great because it's waterproof so if I sweat or something and my lids can get oily sometimes but it doesn't crease!

The Korres bronzing powder is GREAT too you get a big compact, with a mirror. It's a great color and it's matte it comes off light but you can always increase it. I'm in between light and medium but since it's summer I'm faux tanning and such but the color is great on my and I think really any skin tone for that matter. It's not too dark and not too light. I think it can work GREAT on fair skin. I am starting to get some rashing on my temples where I place it so it might be from the Monoi Oil, I don't know. That's just the down fall to that one.

But all in all I think the items I've used paid for the whole thing because the Korres powder is $28 alone and I know the shadow liner is $22. The whole sampler is only $39.

Now as for the service at that Sephora, not too good. People there seem really stuck up it is a higher class area and a lot of Caucasians, that seem to be prejudice. That's just my opinion but whatever. Plus they don't seem to really know their products and what they have!


Oh, now for the Sephora matte setting powder....I think it's an okay product. For $18 it's allllright. But it does somewhat make my skin more matte through out the day and it does absorb some of the oil. Although I don't take it with my too work, it's just too big I also have my MAC blotting powder in my makeup bag. But the setting powder is GREAT for the under eye area when your doing some eye work that can have some fall out. I've tried it for that but I feel like I'm wasting it for $18. LOL. It can also make me very white looking unless I blend it in with my kabuki. I don't know maybe I'm using it wrong.

If you like what I talked about or have any opinions or suggestions to use any of these products PLEASE leave me a comment. Or if you've used them yourself! THANKS

-Dulce

No comments:

Post a Comment